Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Blue Angels



As I said in my May 30, 2014 entry was this was the first time seeing the Blue Angels since the Opa-Locka airshows of the late 80/early 90s. I took a Trigeminal Neuralgia gamble by buying tickets, I knew I was tempting fate, but I didn't care. I survived Shockwave, now it was time to see how my mutinous nerve would react to the Blues.

The Angels didn't disappoint. This was the best airshow I've seen in a long long time. Angel #5 and Angel #6 were approaching fast as the distracted crowed oohed and ahhed over Angels 1-4 performing pin point maneuvering at 600MPH. I brought my camera on the screaming blue duo. I snapped a photo, see above, and saw a cone beginning to form on the front of Five's wing. "UH OH," I thought. Five and Six were coming in near supersonic speed. They eased off and the cone disappeared.

I could feel the shriek of the engines knifing into my ear. The Angels set off several car alarms as they thundered away. I held my aching ear, but I was smiling wildly; the pain was ebbing as I watched the F-18s streak away. I felt fantastic! Tho I did have to take two Excedrin Migraines a few hours later.

It was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment