Friday, May 30, 2014

Shockwave





Three weeks ago I attended the 2014 Vero Beach Airshow, it was my first one since being diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia. I knew I was tempting the odds by doing this, but the Blue Angels were in town and I hadn't seen them since the last Opa-Locka Airshow back in 1992.

What I didn't know is that the truck Shockwave would hurt me more than the Blue Angels. The truck is equipped with three Pratt & Whitney J 34-48 engines. It can reach speeds up to 376 MPH. I could feel every little pulse of the engines in my left ear when it was out on the tarmac. I could feel every concussion exploding in my ear even though I had an earplug inside my poor ear with three Aleves swimming in my veins. Thank God I was watching safely from the inside of my truck.

I'll post about the Blue Angels later, but as you can imagine, the next day I stayed in bed for a few extra hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment