Saturday, May 24, 2014

Movies



Movies are off the menu, my poor trigeminal nerve can't handle them anymore at the Big Screen.

It all started with Transformers 3. I walked out of the local theater with one of the biggest headaches I've ever had, dinner afterwards did nothing to ease it. Next morning I was better, but still felt the effects from the previous night.

Next movie I watched was a harmless documentary. I was eating popcorn and chugging it down with some Cherry Coke when I got hit with a round of nausea. I made it to the bathroom once, and the other time? Thank God for garbage cans. I passed it off as not having my gall bladder anymore and my stomach had a hard time trying to digest the oil in the popcorn.

A few weeks later I was officially diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia. Months later my doctor informed me the nerve can't keep up with the speed of the film as well as the audio. She said it would be best if I waited for the movie I wanted to see is released onto DVD, that way I can control the volume and it wouldn't be as fast. I grimaced, my birthday was coming up and Iron Man 3 and Star Trek Into Darkness was right around the corner. I was bound and determined to see them both, so I devised a plan.

Yes, I made a brilliant plan! I would take two Migraine Excedrin caplets before the movie. I would also put earplugs in my ear! A beautiful plan if I say so myself. Wrong. I jumped everytime there was an explosion. My ear couldn't take the punishing audio even with earplugs! I walked out of there feeling almost like I did after Transformers 3, just more nauseous.

My birthday was nearing rapidly and I didn't want to wait to watch Star Trek on DVD. I hatched another plan. I took the Excedrin Migraine pills an hour before the movie started. I wore sunglasses as well as wearing earplugs. I smiled when I realized halfway through that I could take my earplugs out. Star Trek wasn't that loud compared to Iron Man. However, Star Trek was the last movie I've seen in the theaters. I do have Avengers on DVD, just can't find the time to watch it on my computer. So no spoilers!

No comments:

Post a Comment