Thursday, July 27, 2017

Writing Update



First page of a very rough draft of my writing project. Thank God He's let my muse return!

***

My hazel eyes exploded open. I frantically glanced around the room, keeping my head on my specialized neck pillow. Satisfied that I was still in my bedroom, lying on my side on my own bed and Brooke was sleeping next to me, for I felt her warmth; I relaxed a bit and stared at the Bermuda Bay colored wall.

I lost track of time as I stared away at the teal wall. I finally glanced at the clock, it read 07:59. I didn’t want to startle my wife from her sleep so I got out of bed as slowly as I could, stood and walked into the bathroom with my tail tucked between my legs.

I glanced in the mirror, I looked like garbage. It felt like I hadn’t slept in seven years and my reflection showed it. I turned the cold water on and splashed my face. I looked up and I could see my fiery wife standing behind me. She’s a natural redhead and I could see the smoke rising from her redhair. “What’s going on?” she asked.

“Nothing,” I lied.

“Rubbish luv,” she replied, “You walked in here like your tail was tucked in between your legs and you don’t even have one!”

“I…,” I paused and splashed my face with more cold water.

Brooke wasn’t happy, “What are you doing Ryan? That’s cold water! It could trigger your Trigeminal Neuralgia pain and you’ll spend the rest of the day in bed.”

I stopped and glanced up at my reflection. I blinked as I looked at the couple in the mirror. I hadn’t thought of that, I quickly turned the water off and grabbed a towel. “We’ll talk over breakfast,” I said as I dried my haggard face.

I grabbed a handful of delicious blueberries, natural therapy for my Trigeminal Neuralgia, and placed them in my cereal bowl. I picked up a box of the Sugar Frosted Bombs type cereal and poured a bowl for each of us. I added some 1% milk and sat down at the table as Brooke prepared the rest of breakfast.

She sat down across from me, we held hands and I said Grace. We released hands; I stuck my spoon in my cereal and played with my breakfast as Brooke buttered her toast. My ginger looked up at me, asked, “So what happened?” and took a bite.

I picked up my glass of chocolate milk and took a sip, “I don’t know where to begin.” I sighed and continued, “I don’t know if it was a vision or a dream. It wasn’t dull like a dream nor bright like a vision, it was somewhere in between. It feels like I haven’t slept in seven years.”

“You slept peacefully all night, I didn’t feel you move.” “Really? Even with half my dream in a near constant state of death and destruction?”

Brooke closed her baby blues and nodded her pretty redhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment