Tuesday, July 18, 2017

New Writing Project



I’ve shelved editing all PK’s three novellas and writing his fourth one. I have also shelved Ryan’s Trigeminal Neuralgia Trilogy as well as his “reboot” story. I’m about to embark on a story that scares the fire out of me.

A few months ago I forget what I was doing, but I saw Ryan, my friendly neighborhood fighter pilot, flying in his F/A-39 Crusader, dodging and weaving fireballs as they fell from heaven. I shook my head and said, “Ezekiel 38 and 39.” I quickly jotted the idea down in my new spiral notebook as not to forget the intriguing idea.

Yes, intriguing and with some trepidation thrown in; this would be a great responsibility to write fiction along with Biblical Prophecy. I took a Daniel/Revelation course at Miami Christian College; I know this wouldn’t be an easy assignment for I know the warning of Revelation 22 and other Biblical ones. I thought about End of Times story off and on, but nothing serious. It became a struggle to write PK, it’s never a hard to thing to write about that fruitcake pumpkin. The harder I tried to write his fourth story the more the creative drought worsened. A few weeks ago I was sitting in church and I heard God’s inaudible voice, “Brian, what about that story?”

“Yes, Lord,” I replied in my mind and God slowly opened the spigot to my creativity. The flow continued even as I was lying in bed ready to go to sleep. I prayed that He would allow me to remember the ideas that were appearing in my mind.

In the morning I awoke and those ideas were still there. I jotted them down; hours later I was coming home from work and God opened the spigot again. Again I asked Him to allow me to remember the ideas when I got home. He did and I opened up my notebook and wrote them down.

I have five to six pages of notes for this unnamed story. I’m still not sure how to write this since my character is already a Christian and I’ve never been to Israel. I know I need to take some creative liberty, but how much and not cut into Biblical accuracy. However, no matter, I’m going to write it.

Please pray, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment