Thursday, August 14, 2014

New Migraine Trigger



I went from the heights of Mt. McKinley on Sunday to the depths of Death Valley in a mere 15 hours early this week. I attended my first church service in a month. I felt wonderful, the new diet is working. Sunday night I thought I would be good and continue it. I ordered a grilled chicken combo sans French Fries. I had a broccoli cheese baked potato instead and no soda with caramel color in it. I thought I was really doing good until 3AM Monday morning.

I awoke to the worst pain I had felt in nearly three years. My temples and forehead were on fire. I took two Excedrin Migraine pills. I rolled up a towel, rested my neck on it and went back to bed. It didn't work that well, pain never went away. It stayed home in my right temple and never went away despite my best efforts.

I took a walk in the park, that didn't work. I thought a hot shower would work, wrong. I ate tart cherries, nothing. The migraine stayed for a day. So, I'm adding that baked potato to my No No List, right next to Swiss cheese. Never again.

No comments:

Post a Comment