Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Pantera and TN Update



On March 4, 2016 I was fired from a job I left Miami for in 2003. I could’ve been bitter and negative, but I saw it as an opportunity to concentrate on my stories and get them edited for potential publishing. I edited The Great Rutabaga Insurrection, slashing it from 51,000+ to 43,000+ words and submitted it. April 15 it was accepted, however, I don’t have the money they asked to get it published.

On April 22 I received a tweet from a different publisher asking for an unpublished manuscript for a writing contest. Winning entry wins the amount of money needed to get The Great Rutabaga Insurrection published; the deadline was June 7 with a 40,000 word requirement.

April 23 I started writing the Pantera, The Great Rutabaga Insurrection follow up. I had 46 days to finish it; not the insanity that is NaNoWriMo, write 50,000 words every November, 1,667 daily word count. I finished it on May 31, the day before my birthday; giving myself an early birthday present. I edited it and had it ready by June 5. I went to visit the Twitter account that sent me the tweet and found out that the account had been suspended. I couldn’t enter the contest, my writing dreams took another hit.

Again I could’ve been bitter and angry, but it gave me time to look at the third story of the Pumpkin Trilogy, Zombie Shark. It was the first one written, entertaining, but vastly inferior to the prequels. Now I will look at this story and the others, tinkering with them as I wait.

While all this was going on I noticed my Trigeminal Neuralgia pain was easing. I checked my pill journal that I made and discovered that I hadn’t taken nearly as many pill as I had in the past. In 2007 I was popping OTC pills like candy, six a day. Since May 25, 2016 I skipped eleven days of not taking a thing for my pain; seeing the chiropractor, taking supplements, and eating anti-inflammatory foods help.

Oh, I still have bad days like with Tropical Storms Bonnie and Colin. Working the grave yard shift has me in pain the next day, but it’s better. God’s good. One door closed and other opened, waiting for the next one to be opened and face my next writing challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment