Sunday, November 30, 2014

NaNoWriMo Comes to an End



I finally entered NaNoWriMo, albeit two weeks late, but I still joined! It was all courtesy of a swift kick in the behind by a good friend. I knew I wasn’t going to win by writing a 50,000 word story, my goal was 25,000 and I succeeded! I had a grand total of 26,048 words, that’s 26,048 more words than I’ve written in all of 2014.

My muse has returned! The past few years it had hid on me, I couldn’t write in the morning like I used to and my writing suffered immensely. I have been able to write consistently in the past few weeks. I finished a story I started last Christmas, nearly finished a Halloween story I started in August 2013 and resuscitated many stagnant projects.

1126 Tomcat Way (E) rough draft is ready to be edited for Christmas 2014. I’ll add another story to it for future use. Tomcat Way is 14 pages and 5,670 words long.

Mighty Melinda Meets PK (R) flowed like water. It was the first story in years that I didn’t have to slave over. It, too, is ready for editing; its 23 pages and 10,352 words long.

Zombie Shark (PG/PG-13) was going to be my 2013 Halloween story before it hit the proverbial brick wall. Once I finished MMMPK I went back to it. I figured out how to fill in the missing pieces leading up to the climatic ending. Zombie Shark is currently 14 pages and 5,980 words long.

Ryan’s Mighty New Year (R) continues after the events of Ryan’s Mighty Christmas. Mighty Melinda and Ryan team up once again to solve an unearthly mystery. It is currently seven pages long and 3,312 words long.

I started Donut Bandito in 2007; it was nice, but not near ready for Prime Time. I renamed it NCIS: Miami, but kept the plot nearly the same. However, I still may jettison most of the story and only keep the first few pages and start afresh.

This past Saturday I went to the Vero Beach NaNoWriMo meeting. I learned a lot about writing, the publishing process, and writing programs. I did learn that I have enough short stories to put them all together for a novel or I could split them up and form a series. They were amazed how I’m taking my Trigeminal Neuralgia pain and using it for good with a few of my short stories.

The skies the limit, I look forward to the future or writing and spreading Trigeminal Neuralgia awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment