Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Bump in the Road



Monday I awoke at 1:10 AM with my head on fire. First thing that crossed my frazzled mind was that I was dehydrated. I drank a 20 oz bottle of water and returned to bed. Sometime later I realized that it wasn't working, my head was still on fire. I took two Migraine Excedrins and went back to bed again.

Few hours later I awoke again, still in pain, but not as bad. I ate my breakfast and took my morning supplements with Gatorade. I debated whether or not to go to work, I went because the pain was ebbing. I pushed water all day, keeping myself hydrated. The pain continued to flee.

Work was over and I went to therapy. The pain radiated into the left side of my face, the treacherous nerve was awakening. I ignored it as I started my neck exercises. I was halfway through them when the pain went from a miniscule one to five. I stopped what I was doing and tapped the wall. A tech asked if I was okay, I told her I was having a Trigeminal Neuralgia attack. My chiropractor immediately took me into the room and adjusted me.

I finished the exercises, but no traction. Needless to say I was bummed. I love traction, I'm at total relaxation, my neck bows the way God designed it to. Total bliss.

It's the first bump in the road, it won't be the last. But I'm hopeful that Wednesday will be a much better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment